|Elliott putting his back into it! Anchored at Blake Island.|
Perhaps the most exciting news for this blog is that we got to try out our new Mantus anchor for the first time. We anchored in about 25 feet of water on a little shelf off the island and I let out 75 feet of chain. When we pulled back on the anchor to set it, we came to a definite stop. We then let ourselves sag forward a bit, and then I pulled back again and once more we came to a sudden halt. Well, I thought, that sure seems like a well dug in anchor!
|Sand is evidence of it digging in!|
So the Mantus set right away into a mud/sand bottom, held the boat firm when tugged back, and then was a bit hard to pull out with our windlass until we were really 1:1. I would say that is great news for this anchor and I am excited about giving some more work in the months ahead.