Friday, March 28, 2014

Portland Island here we come! Spring trip across stormy waters.

I've been quite busy with work these days and so finding less time to post here about our various trips, but have one coming up this weekend I am excited about. I'm taking the boys on a three day trip without Amy because she has to work Monday and I have some time off coming. We're planning to go up into BC because if you have 3 days that is enough time to justify leaving Friday Harbor and crossing the border. And now that we have Nexus cards, it is made quite easy.

So this weekend I think we will head back up to Portland Island, where we haven't been in some time. The forecast is for 20-30 knot SE winds on Saturday, and crossing Haro Strait in those strong SE winds can be quite bouncy. Depending on the current, it can be mildly bouncy to downright nasty.

So as my grandmother always said: Off we go, into the wild blue yonder...





No comments: